Sunday, March 16, 2014

Osaka Aquarium Day Trip


I love aquariums!  I'm not sure why, because I'm not really an animal person, and I don't really like visiting zoos.  But there is just something about being inside an aquarium that gets me excited.  So when we were in Osaka, we spent a day at the Osaka Aquarium, which is one of the largest aquariums in the world.


Right from the start, actually before we even entered the aquarium, we were greeted by a "march of the penguins" outside the building.  It was the cutest thing ever, to see them waddling around outside.  :)



I think they are every bit as curious about us as we are about them!


I don't know how many people work at the aquarium to keep the place running and clean, but once in a while we see workers in scuba gears cleaning the tank - it was kinda fun to see them swimming about and interacting with the visitors (we waved at them, and they wave back).  I guess it provides the employees with a perspective of what it's like to be in the other side of the tank on display?



I have no idea what half of the aquatic life forms I see in the aquarium are… but I honestly don't care.  It's not like I want to be an expert in marine biology or anything. After walking around the aquarium for a few hours (the place is pretty big), we were tired (and hungry).  I guess this is a common occurrence with most visitors, because right at the halfway point, there is a cafe with a beautiful harbour view.



We ordered takoyaki, but it wasn't really that good… we should've followed everyone else and have the green tea ice cream. Anyways, back to the aquarium...


One of the highlights for me personally (other than the penguins), are the jellyfish.  They have a whole floor dedicated to them, and it is just darn fascinating to watch them move around.



Other Japan trip reports


Osaka

No comments:

Post a Comment